How often do you think about cleaning your toilet tank?
You probably don’t very often unless you run into a problem with it.
But, really, you should clean it at least twice a year as dirt and germs do build up and is good for overall sanitation.
Tips for cleaning:
- Turn off the water to the toilet at the valve below the tank and flush to drain the water.
- Spray the inside of the tank with a disinfectant and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the inside of the tank.
- Throw in a bleach tablet to keep it clean.
Tips for maintenance:
- While you’re cleaning the tank is a great time to check for damaged parts and replace them.
- Oil any parts that might need it in order to operate more smoothly.
As always, if you have questions or if you’re unsure how to turn off your water, give your professional plumber a call!