Chandler Water Softener Services
Looking to eliminate hard water stains in your home? Call our plumbing experts at (480) 726-1600 and schedule the installation of a Chandler water softener today! Click here to save using our online sales and coupons. Hard water can affect your home in a myriad of ways. For one the stains are unsightly on the plumbing fixtures throughout your home. Similarly it can affect your skin and hair, leaving it dull and dry with every use. The one way to combat this issue is through the installation of a water softener. Our plumbing professionals can help you find the right unit for your home, and we will install it perfectly.
What is a water softener and how does it work?
A water softener system is a device that softens hard water. Certain metal ions in water will present you with a variety of problems. For one, the ions interfere with actions of soaps preventing a proper lather. It can also leave you with scale buildup, which can affect your plumbing. A water softener removes magnesium, calcium, and other metals in hard water, through a process of exchange. The water entering your home is passed through a process that exchanges the calcium and magnesium ions for potassium and sodium ions. This overall process eliminates these harmful minerals from your water and leaves you with clean softened water.
How can you tell you have this issue in your home?
Homeowners should always be on the lookout for any inconsistencies in their plumbing system. When it comes to determining whether or not you are suffering from hard water, you should look for:
- Dingy or Dirty Dishes – The easiest ways to tell if you have hard water is to look your dishes, glasses, and cutlery. Do you have stains, fogginess in glasses, and or spots forming that won’t go away? You probably have hard water.
- Plumbing Issues – Plumbing can be the most expensive problem you will have with hard water. Tubs, showers, and faucets will develop a build-up of solidified minerals deposit (scale). Additionally, piping will also clog with scale which can prevent the flow of water altogether.
- Itchy Dry Skin & Hair – Elevated Magnesium and calcium in the water can cause less effectiveness of the soaps and shampoos we use. The ability to rinse the soaps and detergents off is reduced drastically. When this residue coating is left on the skin it can cause dry, itchy skin and hair.
- Damaged Clothing – Hard waters effect on your clothing and other linens are clear to see. White clothing will become grayish; other color clothed may fade and seem less colorful. Your clothing may look worse but even still may feel scratchy and dingy. Detergents can only do so much to keep them soft and vibrant.
What are the benefits of these units?
When trying to justify whether or not to invest in a water softener, homeowners may begin to look for the benefits. The ones we most commonly inform our customers of include:
- Removing Scale – One of the greatest benefits of a water softener is the elimination of scale buildup. Scale can clog pipes, and in some instances cause them to burst. Through the use of a water softener, this buildup can easily be eliminated altogether.
- Protect your Skin – Did you know it’s been proven, that hard water will irritate your skin? With the water softeners we offer, you will enjoy softer, smoother skin. Soft water is extremely beneficial to children and even adults with dry skin or skin allergies.
- Save Time & Money – Hard water can have a serious detriment on your homes plumbing. With the use of a water softener, you will save time and money, that would be used hiring a plumber to clean out your plumbing system.
A water softener system is a long-term solution to hard water problems. Overall it will clean the water supply before it can have a negative effect. Contact us today to speak to our plumbing professionals about installing one in your home today! Is your home covered in hard water stains? Call ABC Plumbing & Rooter at (480) 726-1600 to speak to one of our experts today!